Nov 16, 2006

A Big Loss

I've struggled for a while thinking about how to write about this subject, but I'm going to attempt it...

As you may have noticed, there is a section to the right regarding the Janus Charity Challenge, a fund-raiser to support cancer research that I'm doing as part of my goals for participating in Ironman USA next year. It seemed like an appropriate thing to do, using my push towards achieving a huge goal, to raise awareness, and help in the fight against cancer.

One of the primary reasons I choose cancer research was that my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer about 10 months ago. This was a pretty tough blow for me, Grandma Carol was a major part of my life, being 40 years old when I was born. I spent much of my childhood being raised by both my parents and grandparents. My brother and I, my oldest cousin and my youngest uncles where all within 5 years or so of each other and spent a great deal of time together at my grandparent's house. I had been fortunate in my life, not being greatly affected by the ravages of this terrible disease, but when it struck, it hit in a spot that really hurt.

I can't do much to help my grandmother in her battle against the disease, she's passed away this past week. I can try to keep her memory alive, and do what I can to lessen the impact of cancer on others. Please read her obituary for just a few details on this remarkable woman.

Thanks for reading, and if you can help please consider donating something to cancer research whether it be your time or money. The charity I selected is doing good work, and can benefit from your help, but really anything you can do to help in any way is appreciated.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP