Feb 12, 2007

Slacking and Hurting

Well... I've been slacking, haven't posted for a while, sorry about that. Work has been pretty busy and it's been tough to find the time to sit down and write a few paragraphs during the day when I usually get the chance. In any case, training has been fairly steady, although the workload has impacted that a bit as well. I'm still getting the workouts in for the most part, but the quality slipped a little last week as I was pretty tired.

Two interesting notes from the weekend, first my brother has been totally roped in at this point, he went and bought a road bike. We took a ride up to Brookline, near Boston, to pick up a used Specialized Allez in pretty good shape. Frame looked great, and although the components weren't top notch, they should work pretty well until he's ready to upgrade. A nice ride up with the oldest and youngest of my girls as well.

I also managed to get outside for a mtb ride on Sunday morning again, we've missed a few weeks with the snow on the ground. The ground is back to being manageable with a few inches left, but mostly packed down on the trails. A bit slicker than usual, you had to be careful on the downhills and spun out a bit easier going up, but it was still fun. It probably made for a tougher workout with more spinning than a usual ride.

I also got a nice long run in during the afternoon, and I'm pretty sore today. This morning, spin class was a bit tough and I jumped in the pool afterward to try and work out the stiffness. It didn't help too much, hopefully Yoga at lunch time today will improve things.

This coming week is a Run focus, and I'm going to keep in that way for a couple weeks as there is a 1/2 marathon coming up on the 24th that I'm eyeing. It's the kids school vacation week, so plans may change, but if I get the chance I'll head over and run it.... we'll see.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP