Feb 5, 2007

Summary (and Goals) for Week

Whoops, missed my goal post on Friday so I'll put it in here. First, the results from my first recovery week... well, it was a recovery :)

As I mentioned, the goal for this week was to allow my body to catch up with the work that I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. It seemed to work pretty well, as I'm feeling ready to go again. In fact, I suspect I may have backed off a bit too much as I was starting to feel antsy this past weekend. It snowed on Friday night, so I didn't get to go out for a ride this weekend and instead rode on the trainer in the basement. It's a little tougher to get motivated when you are in the basement.

Other training related notes for last week, I got a 1 hour massage, hoping that would help loosen the muscles. It worked pretty well, and definitely helped my shoulder loosen up. It's been a bit tight for a few weeks, and feels much better now that it did. Hopefully I'll be able to fit a massage in every 4 weeks or so. Thanks to Peg at Relax and Release, if anyone needs a massage in Ellington, CT I would definitely recommend her. Also, I order a few Spinerval videos to watch on the trainer. They are mostly the base building type workouts, long rides with some intervals. That includes the Hardcore 100, a 5 hour plus workout! I hope to complete that a couple of times this winter.

Now for the goals for this week, it's back to a bike focus. 5 days or more on the bike with a couple long rides. I'm planning to get in a 2 hour plus ride again this week. Swimming is still in maintenance mode, and I will also ramp up the run a bit. There is a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks that I'm considering. It feels pretty good to think that I have the base fitness to go run 13 miles if I feel like it!

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP