Oct 16, 2007

MTB failure

A good sunday that ended badly...

A large group of us went to Soapstone Sunday morning for a nice long mountain bike ride which was a lot of fun. Some pretty good fast descents that were a lot of fun, but something went wrong on one of the bumps I'm guessing. Later in the ride when I got off the bike to swing it around after getting off the trail I grabbed the seat and it came off in my hands. My frame had broken just above the top tube and the seat tube was totally broken. I tried riding a bit without the seat which wasn't much fun, then figured that it would sit in the hole on the seat post. I had to take it easy since I didn't want it to fall off in the middle of a bump.

I'll post some pictures soon... in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out my options. I've sent an email to Trek to see if I can get a replacement of some sort, and I've asked my brother to see what he thinks about welding it... we'll see.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP