Jul 18, 2008

Work from Home?

My company is starting to roll out this concept in limited numbers with the idea of making it more available in the future...

Everyone Works at Home at Chorus, Part One - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

The technology and management issues are interesting, and there is clearly still the issue that some have regarding working from home being an easy way to do nothing. I really enjoyed the second two parts of the story about the policies and the approaches they took to ensure people stayed productive.

Along the same lines, I dug into this article http://www.cio.com/article/108901/Telecommuters_Need_to_Develop_Special_Skills?page=1& and I especially like the point about speaking up on conference calls and not multitasking. In fact, I think those are valid points for people in the room as well! Nothing irritates me more than having some dope typing away on their laptop and not paying attention when you ask them a question. Don't come to the meeting if you don't want to participate! I don't think I could have said it better than Rands himself. (Great site for management advice, and I highly recommend his book)

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP