Feb 3, 2009

Short trip to Lake Placid NY

As I've previously mentioned, my brother Matt has moved up to Lake Placid in upstate New York, and I took a quick trip up there this weekend. He's moving to a more long-term location instead of the temporary spot they are now. BTW, his house is still available if anyone is looking for a real nice home in Vernon, CT!!
I helped him pack up on Saturday, along with my Uncle Eric and we headed up Sunday for the roughly 4 1/2 hour trip. The drive is gorgeous after you pass Albany, lots of mountains and sweeping views.
His new apartment is really more of a cottage and is just outside the town of Lake Placid with outstanding views of the surrounding area. I took some pictures with my blackberry, and they don't really do it justice. The first one is out the back window, and it's a bit overcast but on a clear day you can see Mt Marcy and other High Peaks in the Adirondack Park.
The Second picture is out the front door and features the Olympic ski jumps in Lake Placid. This view is a rather iconic one, and one that I remember well from my Ironman race both on the run and the bike!
After spending a few hours unloading the truck and trailer we went to his current apparent to park the vehicles, and then to the brewery to watch the first half of the Super Bowl. The food and especially the beer was outstanding! http://www.ubuale.com/ I'm hoping my brother will hook me up with some of the ubu ale sometime!

Got up early and headed home Monday morning and got home at 10 AM for work... really not bad, I could do a few ski weekends this way.
Matt?? What do you say, downhill or cross-country touring would be good!





0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP