Mar 11, 2009

Crossfit

I've hesitated a bit to post about this, because I had starting and stopping stuff... but its been a whole week now.  I've been doing Crossfit which is a weight lifting and training philosophy that I could really identify with!  


It's most easily described as high-intensity weight training with gymnastics and other varied workouts mixed in.  The most important thing has been the fact that its constantly changing, and so you don't get bored and your body gets challenged all the time in new and different ways.  Every day, a WOD is posted, or workout of the day.  It's been challenging every time so far and I've had to scale back either the weight, or reps or both but I've tried to stay true.  For instance, today I did 7 rounds of 5 pull-ups, then 10 dips, and then 15 sit-ups, as fast I could and finished in 20 minutes.  Very, very tough workout, but I felt great when I got done... shelled, but great! 

Crazy thing is that after you add it all up, it comes out to 35 pull-ups, 70 dips and 105 sit-ups!!  It's been a long time since I've done that kind of workout.  Not sure how this will ultimately impact my triathlon season, at the very least I should be in general all around shape.  That's really the goal after all, to look and feel good... if I get faster in a Tri race, even better!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8:23 PM  

Great post! I've been at crossfit for about 10 months now. Its been a great ride and the WOD are always challenging me to get better. Its nice to read that you are having much the same success. Look forward to reading more on your progress.

Anonymous,  8:24 PM  

great job man. No reason to hesitate. you started so the next goal is just get the next workout in. Keep up the good work!

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP