May 5, 2009

Volleyball Season Ends...

Well... my volleyball season ended last night with a bit of a whimper. We lost the first 3 games in the playoffs and are out. It was a difficult match, we were shorthanded with 2 of our best players unavailable, and myself with a bum ankle.

Starting the game, we had 5 players with really only John and myself hitting... and I wasn't sure how much jumping I was going to be able to do. It turned out that I could move fairly well, but I didn't have much explosion at all in my legs and couldn't get up in the air very much. Then, halfway through the second game, one of our ladies took a spike directly to the nose and left the match... we were down to four players!

Still, we managed to keep every game close, we were within a few points on all three but when push came to shove we couldn't make enough plays. It was good to play again after 2 weeks resting my ankle, and I held up okay throughout. Every day the ankle feels a little bit better and today is no different so that's really encouraging.... hopefully I can get back to regular workouts again soon.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP