Jul 9, 2007

Taper time!

13 days to go!!

I did my last long ride on Saturday... and it hurt. It was a fun loop through MA, around the Quabbin Reservoir. 122 miles and close to feet of climbing. It was a solo ride, and I think pretty good for me from both a mental and physical standpoint. I feel very confident about both the swim and bike at this point.

My nutrition was good during the ride, I definitely am going to go with Mojo bars on the bike along with the gels. The sweet and salty taste is great, and the salt will help me a lot if it is hot. I ended up taking two bars and about 8 gels over the course of the 8 hour ride. Lots of water and 2 bottles of Gatorade as well for liquids and it felt like I was right on top of things nutrition wise. I need to start the run with a little stockpile, but that seems to be working for me.

Now just an easy few weeks and I'll be ready to go.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP