Feb 13, 2008

Odds and Ends

I've been missing swimming already, our last practice on Thursday was cancelled due to weather and I haven't been in the pool since. I'm going to try and swim a bit at the gym this week perhaps, and see if I can translate some of the stuff I've done at practice. As I've mentioned, it is very difficult to get a meaningful swim workout done in a short 12 meter pool.

I'm leaving for Florida on Friday afternoon, piling into an RV and driving for 24 hours straight. There probably won't be a whole lot of oppurtunity to workout, but on the plus side I've downloaded some audio books to my phone and I'm planning to listen to them on the drive. I may even get the chance to do some longer ocean swims while I'm down there, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm going to use the week to get my run training kickstarted, I won't have a bike available so that's my best option. I may also get in a little tennis as there are courts near where I'm staying. Should make this guy and this guy at work happy that I'm giving their sport some air time.

Unfortunately I will be missing the Colchesther 1/2 Marathon since I will be in Florida, good luck to my brother and sister-in-law who are still planning to run it. Remember, there may be a few hills involved!

I'll try to post from the road, if only just to try out the phone...

2 comments:

Anonymous,  2:16 PM  

Dont forget some snaps from your tennis game. Your fans would like that. Plus it makes a great promotional material for the game of tennis to have a Triathlete playing Tennis.

Jack 8:04 PM  

remember...tennis is a touch and feel game...and you need smarts to maintain a strategy...good luck with that..enjoy the trip - RV man...work awaits you

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP