Mar 25, 2008

Volleyball Recrap

Not a particularly good result last night, we lost the match 1-2 and tripled our loss total for the year. The good news is that we are still solidly entrenched in first place, but we didn't play well at all. Even worse, the team we played was my brother, uncle and cousin so I'll probably have to hear about this for a while. They took advantage of us pinching up on the ends to cover the drops over blocks and in general were more fired up then us. I think we've gotten in a bit of a lull lately and been playing below our abilities.

Personally, I think that I played pretty well. My bumps have improved drastically since I've focused on hitting with flattened arms and my spiking has been really good as well. I need to work more on blocking, getting both arms up. I deflected a couple spikes last night, but not enough to reject them straight back and the would drop in anyway.

We also played a bit of racquetball last night. It's been probably 10 years since I've played, and it was a lot of fun. I'll have to try playing more in the next few weeks. Last night was the signup for the next session for Volleyball and I've decided not to sign up. It's a bit of a let down, I've really enjoyed it and improved tremendously, but my schedule just doesn't work well over the summer. Racing season is approaching and I have a lot of other stuff going on so I'm going to take the summer of from Volleyball. Hopefully I won't get too rusty over the summer and I'll start back up in the fall.

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP