Mar 5, 2007

Plateau

I feel like I've hit a bit of a plateau lately, physically and mentally. My weight is staying about the same, the training has been consistent but not outstanding and I haven't really been able to push myself mentally. Even the 1/2 marathon that I did while fun and a decent time didn't feel hard, like I didn't really push. So, I feel like I need something bigger to push me a little bit.

This morning's workout really helped, I got to the gym early and pushed really hard in spin class. Over an hour and twenty minutes total since I started early before the class, and my legs are feeling that good ache. When I got finished, I felt a bit inspired so I decided to challenge myself, and the one thing that seems to spur on my fitness breakthroughs is running. So, I've decided I'm going to try and run every day for 15 straight days, coinciding with the first day of spring. This will also include another race, a 15k in a week and a half, so I'm hoping to really push hard for that race too. In addition, since I don't want to make it too easy to just run a quick mile or so after spin class, I'm going to try to reach 100 miles for the month. That's probably going to be pushing it just a bit, but we'll see how close I can get. The good news is there are 31 days in March, the bad news is that it's already the 5th and I only have 3 miles in for the month... only 97 miles to go :)

0 comments:

Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

About This Blog


Visitor Map!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP